domingo, 17 de julio de 2011

Colombia is so much more than drug trafficking
















I’m from Colombia and I’m very proud of my country. Colombia is so much more than violence and drug trafficking. I'm tired of every time I step by the United States, either visit or transit, just because I come from Colombia or because I have a Colombian passport I am treated as if I had a drug load.

For no reason, especially in the United States Immigration, retain passports, frisk bags and no matter if you have connecting flights to other countries, they retain you for hours just to check you are not bringing any type of drug.

I missed a connecting flight to Chicago and almost missed a connecting flight to Colombia. They do not explain anything, do not care if one has to pay tickets and also they treat you like a criminal. They are despots in their treatment and did not even have the decency to give priority to passengers who have connecting flights.

Someone has to stop the stigma that unfortunately we carry through the action of a few who are alive today and people need to be more intelligent when it comes to Colombian history. There is so much beauty in Colombia that people don’t even know and they just marked us with a violence and drug tag.

The Colombian are mostly good people, people that want to be happy, that enjoy life and that are friendly and kind towards anyone. I hope some day people can gain more knowledge about my country and realize how wrong they are.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario